How to Swap Faces in Photoshop – Face Morphing Tutorial
Whether it’s for fun or for serious business use, you must agree that Face swapping between two photos is an art. It’s also a very creative graphic design work. If you are new to Photoshop, then your learning is not complete with at least one Face Swapping or Morphing job. It’s often a great way to make fun of your friends or make them feel special. Or maybe you are planning for a great haircut or hairstyle that suits you best, then face swapping on Photoshop is your best solution.
Face Morphing and Swapping also has great demand in the printing industry like magazine, newspaper, movie poster, banner, etc. whether it is ethical or not. Swap faces birthday cards and face swap Christmas cards are very popular. Besides, there are also lots of people who want face swap animals, face swap baby, face swap with dog, and many more. Regarding this fact, we have presented here a face swap tutorial that must be very helpful for beginners.
Face Morphing and Face Swapping in Photoshop is a bit different. Face swapping is like replacing almost all of the pixels in the original face. While, Face Morphing can mean stitching and blending some of the pixels of the both faces. We have mainly focused on Face Swapping only. But, for readers we have used Face Swapping and Face Morphing as synonymous to each other.
There are a lot of face swap apps available on the internet, but if you try with these face swap online apps, there is a possibility of face swap fails. Considering the performance of the face swap technology, you will get the best face swap in Photoshop. This very face swap editor has a bunch of tools and options which will provide you ease during swap faces from two different photos while giving you the best face swapping experience. Doing face swap in Photoshop will be easier for the beginners than face swap using GIMP, Lightroom, After Effects or various apps in Snapchat, etc.
In this article, we have shown swap faces with Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin. It is presented very easily, so that you can understand as beginners. Reading this content and its images, if you feel bored in reading this article and don’t want to spend much time, you can download the PSD file we have attached below for you to play around with face swap in Photoshop.
To practice on this tutorial, you can download the hollow face and hairstyle of Trump from here: PSD file for Download
- Firstly, select two same alignment images you want to face swap in Photoshop. For this face swap tutorial purpose, we have taken two images of American President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. Using these two images, we will show you how to swap face in Adobe Photoshop.
- Open the two images in Photoshop in two different tabs (Look at the snapshot we have pointed out with red arrow below). In the first tab, we keep the image of Trump and in the second tab, there is the photo of Putin. Now, we like to swap Putin’s face on Trump’s face. That is why, we open Trump image in the first tab and the other is in the second tab.
- Zoom (Ctrl +) the first photo and duplicate the layer as we have shown in the image below.
- Now, go to the second image and create path around the only face leaving hair and ear using Pen Tool. Completing creating the path, press Ctrl + Enter to have selection the path and copy by pressing Ctrl + C. See the image below to get an idea.
- Go to the first image and take a new layer from the layer panel and pressing Ctrl + V, paste that face you have copied from the second image. Follow the snapshot below.
- In this stage, select Move tool and tick on the check box of Auto-select and Show Transform Controls. Now, select the copied-face layer and reduce opacity so that you can see bottom layer through it. This opacity changing will help you to place the face on the right position- eyes on eyes and nose on nose.
- Pressing Ctrl, click on the thumbnail of layer 1 to have selection and make 100%, the opacity of layer 1 that you reduced while adjusting.
- You have to adjust face on the background layer (we renamed) now and so, go to Select menu from the top menu. Then, take the cursor on Modify from the dropdown, and click on the Contract. A new dialogue box will appear and provide 10 pixel property (It depends on your image). Finally, click on Ok and you can see that the face you taken from the second image will get fixed on the background image.
- Click on the Background layer and press Backspace to make the adjustment face transparent. Before getting the transparent face, make sure you have hidden the first layer. See the below snapshot.
- Now, pressing Ctrl + D, deselect the adjustment face and by holding Ctrl, click on the two layers together- background layer and layer 1 for selecting.
- Here, in this stage we will blend two faces together and for this reason, go to Edit from the top menu bar. You will get a dropdown and click on the Auto-Blend Layer. Remember, you should make visible and keep selected the top face.
- A pop-up box will appear. Click on the Panorama and provide tick-mark on the check-box of Seamless Tones and Colors and finally, click on Ok.
- Here, you will feel the magic. Automatically, two layers of two faces will be blended and you will get desired result. Look at the image below.
Final Output (Trumputin)
This is all about swap face using Photoshop. Other image swapping tools may not produce desired quality face swap photos, but Photoshop is the best face swap tool that can product professional face swap image. You can use it as a beginner.
Envy any hairstyle? Take a snap of your favorite hairstyle and swap your face on the image to see how the hairstyle may look on you. This tutorial will help you to do that.
Now it’s your turn
So far we have tried to make you understand about the technique of face swapping. Now it is your turn. Try and check whether you can swap face or not. In this content we have added various photo swapping downloadable PSD files for you. Check out, choose hair style from our attachment that you like, and place your or friend’s face on it. It would be a great fun, of course.
Donald Trump + Validmir Putin
Download the photo of Donald Trump and try to swap your face or your friend. PSD File For Download
Kim Putin Un
Kim Jong-un + Vladimir Putin
Many politicians have unique hair style like Trump. Many of us want to get that hair style. Though practically it is not possible, we can use the style in our photograph. For example, if you like Kim Jong-un’s hair style try it on you or your friend. PSD file for Download
Kim Putin Un
Abraham Lincoln + Barak Obama
With due respect, if you like Abraham Lincoln and his hair style, you can also get his style by your face swapping on his face. Take the PSD file and try it yourself. PSD file for Download
Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber
Most of all among young generation like Justin Bieber’s hair style. If you are a fan of Justin Bieber’s boyish hairstyle download this PSD file and try your face on it. PSD file for Download
Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) + Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe)
Here is also a sample of Harry Potter hair style. We tried and you also can swap your face on it. PSD file for Download
George Washington + Donald Trump
Gorge Washington had also a unique hair style that you may like and if so, you can add your face on it. For making fun, you may add your friend. To do download the PSD file. PSD file for Download
Michael Jackson + Barack Obama
Michael Jackson is also different regarding his hair style. If you like, add your face on his portrait. PSD file for Download
We have shown swapping technique so far with male photos. This technique also works on female face nicely. If you are interested to swap female face, you can do so. Download PSD files from our attachment for practice and swap your face or friend face on it to have a great fun.
Kristen Stewart + Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga is famous for her crazy behavior that includes various types of hair style. She has millions of fans who like her and her hair styles. If you like too Gaga’s hair style, swap your face on her face. PSD file for Download
Melania Trump + Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey is also most known media personality. She is famous for live presentation. She has also a unique hair style. If you choose, you can have this style for you by photo swapping. PSD file for Download
Kate Winslet + Hilary Clinton
If you like Hilary Clinton and her hair style, you can have for your own by photo morphing. Download the PSD file to practice. PSD file for Download
Kim Kardashian + Taylor Swift
Kim Kardashian is also well known for her hair style. She has very nice long hair and if you like it, you can possess by face morphing. For DIY, download the PSD and practice. PSD file for Download
Miley Cyrus + Selena Gomez
Miley Cyrus has a boyish hair-cut that also looks very stylistic and you can take it for your own by Photoshop photo blending. PSD file for Download
Have fun! Happy Photoshopping!!
We also offer highly professional face swapping services, along with a wide range of photo editing services. Please, contact us for details. You also can send us a free trial.