Photo Masking Tutorial: Extract a Photo
Masks is like a stencils, except that rather than concealing a part of a photograph, by default, they tell Photoshop that elements to point out.
You can keep editing the mask till it’s good. thus no a lot of attempting to erase around a picture to crop away the background, solely to seek out you’ve got erased too much!
On this article, I will show you about photo masking the part will be
— a way to provides a pic associate interestingly-shaped frame.
— a way to paint an image on text!
Clip Out a Part of a Photo:
Here’s the fundamentals — a way to create and use a clipping mask in 5 simple steps!
Here’s the basics — how to make and use a clipping mask in five easy steps!
- Go to “Window” menu in Photoshop for open a Layers Palette.
- On one of layer, place any object or an image or photo.
- Make another layer with a shape, text, or drawing. This is the clipping mask, and role like as a stencil.
- Move the clipping mask layer in the image’s layer.
- In the Layers Palette, click – Alt, on the side between the two layers (Opt-click for Mac PC). Then you’ve got the actual spot.
There are several fun and powerful ways in which to use clipping masks. attempt the examples below, and you will quickly get the droop of them!
Paint a Picture on Text:
This is EASY!
- Go to Photoshop Layers tool (In the Window menu)
- Select the Text tool & type any of text using a big bold size font.
- Make a new layer & paste an image/picture.
- In the Layers Palette, click – Alt (Opt-click for Mac) the side within the two layers. The bottom layer will be used for shape/clipping/stencil; and the top layer are used for the image.
- Are you want to add drop shadow, outline, or any special effects? Go to Text layer from the Layers menu. Then double-click on the “F” icon from the bottom of the layers menu, or go to “Layer Style” under the Layer menu for add drop shadows, stroke, or other effects.
Masking is usage for image known as image masking. Mask is consists of binary value of 0 and 1 which called binary image. When we used mask for image that time the image processed with the pixel value of 0. Value 1 is not used that time.
According to graphics design, when an image is intentional to be settle over a background, through binary mask the transparent area specified. These way each fixed image has two bitmaps. They are actual image and additional mask. For the first one with all bits set to 0’s in unused areas are given a pixel. And in the second one for corresponding image areas set values 0 and adjacent areas values set to 1’s.
Here are so many tasks and many kind of masking have to do. Like simple, complex, alpha channel masking and super complex. Superabundant objects remove from background and image making realistic. Image looking transparency, natural and eye catching. Lightning, smokes all types of things capable to remove or add as required.
The process of masking is not too complex. I think it is easy more from anything. We capable do image masking through different kind of software, as well as in graphics software. Notwithstanding more expedite to do with Adobe Photoshop.
Here have to knowledge concerning the tools of Photoshop. Which is named by Magic Wand Tool (W). Now open an image into Photoshop which one you intend of masking. Pick the magic wand tool from the tool box. If you don’t find the tool box go to window menu and choose tool. Then press on white background which wants to remove, after clicking on white background it will select a portion.
Now open layer palette. Duplicate image through pressing ctrl+J. Ignore the original layer but don’t delete. We have to work with duplicate layer. Defilade the background clicking on eye. Then press delete, and see there has no any background now.
Create new layer and put color as you like. We can choose the background image from another source. Learn more about masking from our Image Masking Blog.