Finding Content Inspiration for Photography & Graphic Design Bloggers
Most of the time, to stay creative and trendy, many photographers and graphic designers visit many types of Graphic Design Inspiration sites. Getting inspiration for new design is quite easy. But, as a bulk design agency for graphic designers & Photographers, we know how tough it is to find Inspirations for writing, especially if you are a Photography or Graphic Design Blogger.
A picture is worth a thousand words. This is really true since history, but a creative design blogger knows how tough it is to put his design in words. Actually, the success of the graphic design business mostly depends on the creativity, whether it is a design or a blog post. But, often photographers and graphic designers struggle to find new inspiration for articles for their designs.
From our experience, we have identified a few techniques that can help Photographers & Graphic Designers to overcome this idea hangover.
1. Be active in community
It is very necessary for the graphic design blog writers to be active in various graphic design communities. You will get idea of the current trend from there. You can join in the discussion with various topics related to photography and graphic design blogging. You can ask and answer about various queries. The communities are the great medium of checking the writings of the great living designers and photographers. By these community sites, you can communicate with the famous bloggers and can share views & attitude with them. However, in this way, both the newbies and the experienced blogger can come closer and can exchange their design & photography writing thought.
There are many community sites where as a writer, you can find writing inspiration. For easy understanding the community sites, you can divide into two groups- Marketplace and Social Media. It is sure that you will get essential elements for writing inspiration blog from the sites of these categories.
Marketplaces: There are millions of graphic designers and photographers who are selling their products on various online marketplaces. These great personnel are displaying their designs and photographs in these marketplaces where you will get ample writing inspiration from.
- Behance: It is one of the best informative and marketplace sites. Here, the photographers and the designers can create profiles, create product showcase, display their works, and receive public opinion. There is a scope of discussion by commenting. They can sell their works here. So, you will get the professional works here. As a graphic design and photography blogger, you can form an inspiration of writing blog posts seeing the works of the professionals.
- Graphicriver: This can be another source of graphic design and photography writing inspiration. Here, the graphic designers & the photographers can create profiles and display their creative works for selling. As a blog writer, you can roam this site and check their works and read the public reviews. Thus, you will get an idea for creating new graphic design blog post. The newbie bloggers will have a great inspiration to write unique graphic design & photography related blog posts.
- 99design: Here, a graphic designer can show and sell his works, especially logo design. You can see the works of these designers. From here you will get a great inspiration of writing on the graphic design concept and the new trend.
- Deviantart: It is another marketplace of selling and buying bulk graphic design works displayed by the great designers from all over the world. As a writer, you can have writing inspiration on graphic design from this site. You will get almost all kinds of graphic design works from every category that will help you much to write a versatile and multipurpose long blog post.
- FineartAmerica: It is mainly a site for displaying fine artwork. Many world famous artists are available in this site. This site also can be a source of writing inspiration for a graphic design and photography blogger.
Social Media: There are many social networking sites where you can head over to get inspiration of blog writings. There are many globally recognized graphic designers and photographers who have opened accounts on these sites to get involved with the fan-followers and discussion with them. Every day they post their latest works for public reviews. Such a plenty of sites are-
- Linkedin: This social media site is mainly a destination for the professionals. There are all types of people from every sector. They are interlinked with each other and sharing news & views. Here, you will get a lot of world famous graphic designers and photographers who are sharing their works, style of works, their trends, etc. This site can be a great source of inspiration for writing blog posts on graphic design and photography.
- Pinterest: The site is based on images of the photographers and graphic designers as well. Here, various types of images are available including website address. If you take a look on this site, you will find many graphical images shared by the designers. You will get enough photographs also. Here, you will get customer feedback. However, all these graphic designs, photographs, and reviews will provide the inspiration of writing graphic design and photography blog contents.
- Instagram: This site also can be the source of inspiration for writing blog posts on graphic design and photography. There are many graphic designers’ and photographers’ account where they have posted many of their works. Viewing these works, you can get a lot of information for writing blogs.
- Twitter: If you want to get writing inspiration, twitter can be a great place for you. It is a micro blogging website. There are millions of groups on graphic design and photography. You can join these groups and can see the designs, photographs, public reactions, etc. that can inspire you to write blog posts on these topics.
- Facebook: It is one of the best social networking sites for getting the writing inspiration on graphic design and photography. There are millions of groups and pages dedicated to the graphic design and photography sectors in Facebook. The group members are sharing many of their stunning designs and photographs from where you can get inspiration.
- YouTube: It is a video sharing website. There are so many channels for so many purposes. Here is also many channels of the graphic designers and photographers. They have shared videos for instructing the newbie designers and photographers. So, from these channels you can find writing inspiration on graphic design and photography.
- Howdesign: This website offers various types of graphic design works. The graphic designers are posting their stunning designs on this site. However, heading over on this site, you can get inspiration for writing blog posts on the graphic design sector.
- Canva: This website allows to make various cards, infographs, email template, web template, etc. There are a plenty of editable templates that you can edit for yourself. Anyway, you can get considerable blog writing inspiration from this website on graphic design.
Various blogs: For getting writing inspiration, you can travel through various blogs which are very much informative and useful also. You should involve with the renowned blogs that have been serving its traffics for a long time. Here, we have discussed about such some blogs that can be the source of your waiting inspiration.
- Adobe blogs: This blog is one of the best blogs from where you can get the most creative design inspiration for writing on graphic design. This bog can provide you the best direction of creating new things, new design trends, writing style, updated about their software, and so on. Here, you will get many new creative designs and you can also get an idea how to merge the creativity of graphic design and photography. You can get many professionals like graphic designers, photographers, digital marketers, etc. and you can also mix your idea and concept with their thought and thus, you can have necessary writing inspiration.
- Photography school: It is a very rich source of learning for the photographers. This site relates all the necessary things for photography. Here, you will get various photography tips for all types of photographers, get instruction for buying photography gear, photography pre and post production, courses, eBooks, etc. that can be very fruitful sources for getting blog post writing inspiration. From such a website, you can have a lot of information that can make your writing go viral.
- Photography Life: It is another fantastic website that is dedicated to the photography teaching and providing information about this industry. If you head over this site, you will get enough blogging inspiration on writing about photography. Here, you can get the information about the tips and tricks of photography, gears, news about the photography sectors, and so on that can be your writing topics.
- Fstopper: It is a community based photography news website. It features the latest photography industry news & events and publishes the original articles, from the photographers, videographers, graphic designers, etc. This site also can be your great source of writing inspiration. From here, you will get idea & concept of the professional which will give your writing needed fuel.
- Photography review & DP review: This two site publishes various blogs and reviews from the photographers. On this site, you will get a lot of reviews on photography works and photography instruments. If you read out this sites, you know the original thoughts of the photographers and the gear users. These reviews will provide you a plenty of information from the users that can be the inspiration for writing your blog posts which can go viral.
- Photo forum & Photography forum: These websites are actually forum site where the people related to photography write their opinions. Here, you can read a lot of discussions and messages sent from the root people. There are various types of real experiences they shared. These are related to photography, instruments like camera, lenses, tripod, etc., photography monsoon, best photography places, and so on. Heading over this type of websites, you may get content inspiration for your blog.
- Creative pool: This is another very informative blog. Here, you can get many designs and photography related blogs. From these blogs, you will get writing information. This site will allow you to read a lot of content from every sector.
Your Own Media: As a blogger and a writing inspiration seeker, you must have your own groups, blogs, pages, and websites. You must have a live presence in these media. You will receive public reaction and give them a floor for discussion. The audience will send their reviews from where you will get many engaging writing topics. Okey, here are some of the important media where you should keep your live-
Facebook: It is the best social media site that can help you involve with a large number of people from every sector. In this social network, you can open groups and pages on graphic design and photography. You can also open your personal profile also. Here, you should try to make engage people as much as possible providing, necessary and useful information related to your niche. Let the audience to comment and discuss in your post and receive criticism. However, if you read those public reactions, you will get your necessary content writing inspiration.
Twitter: It is a micro blogging social media site. Here, you can create profiles with your name or using your niche keyword like graphic design or photography. You can tweet your idea and concept within 140 characters on graphic design and photography and while your followers will show their reaction on your tweet by commenting, you will get enough content writing topics. So, you should have a profile on twitter.
Linkedin: Create a profile on this social site and be linked with the professional graphic designers and photographers. Check their daily activities and thus you will get many topics for writing content on your keywords. Here, you can also post valuable and usable content and allow the people to comment on your post. By the way, from this discussion you will get content writing inspiration.
Pinterest & Instagram: This two websites work based on images. You can create profiles on these sites. You will get here a lot of professionals’ profile. You can see the post of the graphic designers and the photographers. You can go their website and can contact with them. In this way, you can get blog writing information.
YouTube: It is a video sharing website. Here, you should have a channel and share your idea and concept making as video. Enable comment and discussion section so that the viewer can inform you their opinion. By analyzing the public discussion in your channel you can get content writing inspiration.
Google Plus: It is a product of google and it is mainly a social networking site. It works almost same as like the Facebook. Here, you can be linked with many graphic designers and the photographer. You can see their post. You can comment. So, in this site, you should have a profile. This site will help you get interaction of the mass people and designers & photographer. You can know their thoughts. Thus, you can get blog content writing inspiration.
Upwork: It is a marketplace. If you have an account here, you can see the job posting of the designers and the photographers. You can read their asking quality, their needs, design trends, style, etc. As a writer, you will get invitation and thus, you can know the requirement for the professional works. So, this website can be the source of your writing inspiration.
Graphic River: This is also a marketplace where you should have an account. On this site, you can see various types of graphical works. You can see the profile of the designers. You can read the comment and the discussion of the users. However, you will get enough blog content writing topics here.
Freelancer: There are a plenty of the skilled people and the job posters in this marketplace. You can know the latest trend of the designs, photography post production services, etc. You can know the requirements of the buyer and the service seller. Thus, this site also can be a source of getting writing inspiration.
Peopleperhour: In the same way, you should have an account in this marketplace. Here, you also can know many information about the requirement of the graphic design works. You can know the various needs of the photograph retouching works. However, in this site, you will get content writing inspiration.
Personal Blog Site: For blog writing inspiration, your personal blog can be the best source. Just publish here useful content related to graphic design and photography. Enable various features like comment section, discussion, like/dislike, social share buttons, etc. so that the audience can participate with their criticism, suggestion, ideas, concepts, etc. Try to be engaged with them positively as much as possible for you. In this way, you can get many content writing inspiration on graphic design and photography.
Ask for challenging issues from others: As a writer, you have to be as much as possible friendly. You should have communication with the other contemporary writers on design and photography. Read their blog posting related to your niches. See the comments made on their content. This discussion will also help you. However, you can communicate with the professional graphic designer and the photographers. Ask them to know their ideas and concepts about the trend, design or photography style, etc. Try to know the challenges they face during working on graphic design, photography, necessary instruments, their prospect, their future plan, etc. In this way, build up a positive relationship with them. Go through their website regularly. In this way, you can get ideas for writing many great articles that may go viral.
2. Ask me anything form
To get more content writing inspirations, you should keep an easy way so that your traffic can be engaged with you more frequently. On your website, add some features to give a gateway for your audience. Here, we like to recommend to add a ‘ask me anything’ form alongside other ways. Make this user friendly form. Enable this feature so that your audience can ask you anything they need to know about graphic design and photography. Provide answers to their question on a regular basis and try to increase interaction with them. You should also ask them about their necessity, thinking, etc. Try to find the newbies. Try to know the challenges they are facing as beginners and write content to provide them a solution. However, by using such an asking form, there is a possibility to get more writing topics.
3. Monitor Quora
Quora is mainly a question and answer platform where various questions are asked, answered, edited, and organizes by a great community of users. On this website you can create a profile. You can ask many things you want on graphic design and photography to know from the great designers and the photographers. For this purpose, just submit a question and you will be answered by many of the people working with your niches. Besides, you can monitor other’s question and answer they got. You can check out the profile of the graphic designers and the photographers. If you do so, you will get a lot of content ideas from Quora.
Anyway, you can maintain a blog on this platform. Here you can share your writings same as like your own website. This kind sharing helps you to get more audience and their reaction from where you will get a lot of content writing strategies.
4. Keep an Active FAQ
We like to recommend you to keep an active FAQ option in your website. Try to update and add new questions and answers regularly. You have to collect the question and answer from the public discussion. While speaking with the professional designer and photographer, you will get many such question and answer. You have to just filter this data and add to your site. Try to give an exact answer of the question and there must have useful direction. From this option, your traffic will get most of their necessary queries solved. And if there are further questions, they will ask through the ‘ask me anything form’. In this way, you can have content creating inspiration.
5. Screen Questions in Past Emails and Social Media Interactions
In the past, you might have exchanged many emails with your clients. In those emails, you might have discussed a lot of things on photography and graphic design strategies. There might have many queries from your clients and you might answer for those questions.
The same thing may happen in case of social media messaging. During the conversation and inboxing with your clients, there is a possibility to be discussed a lot of issues on photography and graphic design.
However, these emails and social media conversions can be a vital source of content writing inspiration. For this reason, sometimes you have to re-study those messages. You should find out the important and useful issues and then you have to grab the important points. Research from google enough and make a doc sheet so that you can write some user oriented blog contents.
6. Research Keywords: How to, Fixing, etc.
The importance of keyword research is beyond description. You can know the ways and words how the audience is searching anything useful. The words or the language that people use to get any content are called keywords. These keywords can be long tail or short exactly. For generating content writing inspiration, keyword research can play a very vital role. You can take this advantage to have your content ideas.
For having content writing inspiration from keyword research, you have to browse Keywordtool.io website. This tool will give you a scope to collect a lot of unique keywords with ‘search volume’ data.
For doing keyword research, go to this site. Enter your topic in the search form. Select google.com. You can specify here the country name also. Select from the dropdown. Next, select the language like English. Look at the image below-
Here, we have entered ‘Travel Photography’ as our topic, selected ‘google.com’, entered ‘English’ for language, and finally hit the search button. In this way, we have got the result that is shown in the image below.
Then, we copied the keywords and go to Google Adwords for having long tail keywords with more data such as search volume, competition, bid, etc.
You can also research keyword in the Google AdWords keyword planner. Browsing this site, click on the ‘Multiple keyword lists to get new keyword’.
Then, you will get a box like the image below. Enter some short forms of long keywords in box one and in the box to enter your main keywords that will generate long tail keywords.
Finally, hit the ‘Get search Volume’ button. In this way, you can get many keywords with other necessary data just same as the image we have attached below.
In the search result, you can get many unique keywords. If you study a little, you must get a lot of blog content writing inspirations.
7. Long tail Keyword Search: Organic and Paid search
You can also get writing inspiration from google analytics. By using this tool, you can get organic search keywords that will help you to get writing topics. To do this task, go to Google Analytics.
First of all, click on the ‘Acquisition’ button as it is shown in the image below.
Then, click on the ‘Overview’ and you will get the interface same as the image below and click on the ‘Organic Search’ to get the organic search data.
Next, click on the ‘Users’ for shorting the data. We have shown the process in the image.
At last, you will get the keywords that the users used to search their specific query. In the image below, we have shown the long tail organic keywords. Notice the image, you will get various keywords that can be extended to write content. So, these long tail keywords can be your blog content writing inspirations.
You can also get writing inspiration from paid keyword search. Actually, there is no big difference between organic and paid keywords. From the both types of keywords, you will get blog writing ideas.
Content is still king. So, for your website, content is the foremost thing, but sometimes the bloggers get hangout finding the blog writing inspiration. Here, we have tried to describe some strategies from our experience. It will help the writer to get content writing ideas on photography and graphic design.